Thursday, May 28, 2009

Really and Truly---I'm still here, but there's still no news from Tula




Hi everybody!
Thanks for all of the good wishes. We just still don't have any news from Tula. Apparently the head of the MOE is on vacation following the May holidays, and may not be back at work until sometime in June. (Nice vacation!)


That is not to say that nothing is going on here. We're ok, and mostly resigned to the "God's time" part of this for the moment. Our Sarah graduated from college a couple of weekends ago with honors (Magna Cum), and also (thank you, God) has a job. She's going to be the dietician for the WIC program. That's her with proud papa above---by the way, will somebody be kind enough to explain to me how to get the photos to show up anyplace but at the top of your post? Do you have to post the photos first, and then type? I can't get the photo to cut and paste once it's posted here on the screen! Sarah is off now with her roommate on a backpacking trip through Europe--fun! Makes me a bit jealous!

Last weekend we made the journey down to Little Rock to the Riverfest (fun! They had corndogs, alligator, funnel cakes, and Kris Allen sno-cones--red, white and blue!) We went especially to see the B-52's. They can still do an amazing concert! They sang "(Little) Rock Lobster" for their second encore. It was such fun, but we were TIRED the next day.
Right now, I'm working on doing all those things I said I would do when school was over. Mostly, that's clean and purge my house (and Kristine, there is WAY too much to take pictures of!) Most of my winter clothes, books to discard/repurpose, etc are on the dining room table ready to be moved someplace else. My office already looks better, but there's still a LOT to do. I'm determined, though---I'm going to make a huge dent in the chaos and extra "stuff"! I've got a bunch of Russian history books that are duplicates of ones that I already have (part of the joy of being a teacher is that you get "free copies" of books if you assign them for a class). If anyone is interested, I'll let you know. Perhaps I will post of picture of them, once they're all assembled.
The other BIG news is that I started on the Jenny Craig program around May 5. As of this last week, I have lost a total of 8 pounds. I am very happy about this, since it is something that I have control over--with Russia being out of my hands right now, it is good to have a "focus" that I can work on. Plus, I really need to lose some serious weight.
That's what's up for now---I'm sure that I've missed some details, but that's the important stuff. Thanks, all of you, for hanging with me--please pray that once the Tula MOE is back in business that we get moving soon!
Much love!

7 comments:

Mama Fish said...

Hey Carolynn- If you are ever in our neck of the woods we would love to have you visit! We would have much in common and much to talk about I am sure.... I wish you lived closer to me!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Yeah!!! So glad to hear you are still alive...thought you were going to pull a fast one on us and throw a picture of a little girl up on the screen...which now that I think of it wouldn't be a bad thing! But you did...only she is a graduate! That is so great!!!

And the decluttering..you know I am proud of you for that!

And the weight decluttering...great job! 8 pounds...that is what I have gained since Maria has been home. I need to get busy and lose it too! Maybe I should switch from home decluttering to body decluttering! ha.

I will definitely pray that the MOE gets back from vacation and gets you a referral pronto!

Thanks for the update!!! So good to hear from you!!!!

Kristine

Barb said...

Thanks for the update! Congratulations on the Jenny Craig - I really need to lose a few too . . . yikes, my summer clothes are all too tight (maybe it'll just be muumuus this summer . . .) As for the photo thing - that drives me crazy too. I just right click on it, copy, move the curser to where I want the photo and then right click paste, but then I have to go back and delete the one at the top. . . Hope the MOE gets back to work soon!

Troy and Rachel said...

Congrats to Sarah!! And congrats on losing 8 pounds!! No small feat in my world! I hope you hear news frm Tula soon. I wish we could take month plus long vacations!

Also the only thing I do with pictures is add them last and then I click and drag them where I want them in the post. I've tried everything else, but clicking and dragging seems to work the best.

Craig and Phyllis said...

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation! That is great. Don't you wonder what those MOE's do for so long on those vacations?! Still praying that you will hear something soon and be on your way to Russia before too long.

Bill and Michelle Curran said...

Hi Carolynn! I was wondering if you would please e-mail me? I have a couple of questions for ya!

michelleboring@yahoo.com

Thanks :)

Annie said...

I can sometimes ge the photos to move down if I drag at them a bit diagonally.

I really don't understand, though, why something as easy to use as blogger has such an issue with the photos!

You put in a nice one, though! Congratulations!