Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just some pictures....

This was on the Russia mission trip two summers ago (2006) on the overnight train from Moscow to St. Petersburg. It was a bit tight, but comfortable, and a fun experience!


My small group at the Russian youth camp two summers ago. Only 2 Americans here--the rest are Russians, almost all from the area around Moscow. Several of the kids (or should I say young adults) here were young people who had "aged out"of the orphanage system. They were all amazingly cool.

The American mission team to Russia from two summers ago. We're celebrating "International Night" at the youth camp that we helped organize outside Moscow. We taught the Russians the "Hokey Pokey." They taught us much cooler stuff!



The missions group on my first Russian mission trip, 2002. We're inside the Kremlin, in front of the world's largest bell! This was in October, for those of you curious about the weather in Russia. We had snow a couple of the days we were there!


Our Church Camp Staff in Missouri, July 2007. Can you tell that it had been a tough week???? Actually, it was a really great week, but you don't get much sleep. Perhaps this is practice for adoption?

4 comments:

junglemama said...

How cool! I would love to go on a mission trip to Russia!

Anonymous said...

Oh how amazing! I would love to go on a mission trip to Russia..I have such deep roots in my heart now for the Russian people..very awesome!!
I am going to share your blog with Votemom..been around forums for years and years and was also inspired to adopt after doing a mission trip to Russia (also with "almost" grown children. She has a heart-wrenching AND amazing story..I will get you guys connected! :0)

Troy and Rachel said...

Hi Carolynn & Steve - I just found your blog and am so excited to hear you are going to Iz. Troy and I just finished through CHI in April and have an amazing little boy!! I'll be following along with your journey!

Anonymous said...

I passed your blog to Votemom...
and sure you can put our blog link on here! :0)
www.lovefromrussia.blogspot.com